Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Dessert


It's Sunday and I am getting things ready for dinner. Yes, it's only 10:00 am and I have already made dinner and am working on dessert. Today I made a cake and it reminds me so much of Sunday dinners growing up.

Sundays were always the day for cake and ice cream (usually Rocky Road) and although I am sure it was not always the case it seems like Dad made the frosting most of the time.

My favorite cake -- and still is marble cake -- with chocolate frosting...yum!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday. I am thinking of all of you!

3 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

How funny...I made cake today....
I thought about this very thing as I was mixing the cake and wonder if anyone in the family rmemebered those Sundays.

Grandma Mary said...

memory is intact but spelling needs work

Heidi said...

My spelling has always needed work! :)