Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yes, it's that time of year where kids groan & mothers cheer. . .the first day of school!


Our kids started school today. And I must say that I am going to miss sleeping in but will be glad to have some sort of a schedule. And once preschool starts for Will & Barry I am hoping to get some of the 10,000 projects I have piling up done. Alli starts ninth grade this year. This will be a big one for her with cheerleading, yearbook, a full academic schedule including a science class online and seminary. It is going to be a busy year for her. I can still remember starting ninth grade so it's weird to have a child old enough to!


Cole is a big 5th grader now. He is excited to have the teacher he wanted and some of his good friends in his class. He also has a locker this year and I'm hoping he remembers the combination today -- we only got it last night!


Lily was as happy as she could be to head off to second grade. She also has the teacher she wanted and her BFF Tanni is in her class too. I only hope her teacher can handle those two!

So there they are - the kids off for new experiences and lots of learning. I would take a picture of myself -- but I'm just going to sit on the couch and eat bon bon's while watching the Olympics!

3 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

everyone looks so grown up. best wishes for a great year

Jen said...

Very cute outfits Allison and Lily. Cole I am jealous you get a locker. Have a fun school year. -Rachel

Jen said...

they all look so grown up,and cute and handsome.
-rachel