Monday, July 7, 2008

Teasdale

This weekend we headed down to Teasdale to celebrate the 4th with Brady & Kate. Cord and Keegan went down on Thursday to go on a hike with Brady and the kids and I followed on Friday. Cord said the first 3/4 of the hike was great because they were in slot canyons and water most of the time. I guess the last part was pretty gruesome -- really rocky and about 110 degrees. But all in all they had a good time.


Our van had been in the shop having the steering fixed so the kids and I packed up the van Friday morning. I wanted to leave at 10:00 so we could be down there for lunch. And I did it! I had all the kids and all our stuff complete with snacks ready to go at 10:00 -- but at luck would have it the car didn't start! I figured out the battery was dead. I know this sounds lame I hadn't ever jumped a car before. But Alli & I found the jumper cables in the garage and hooked the van up to Keegan's car. Then I called Dave our neighbor to check & see if I had it all right --I'm lame I know -- it worked and we made our way with out any problems.


We went to the parade and celebration activities on Saturday in Torrey. Our favorite parts of the parade were the masses of candy the kids got, the camel (random) and the Wayne High School cheerleaders complete with camo WHS shirts and purple shorts.


They make a cute couple don't you think? Later that night we the kids roasted marshmallows and we did fireworks. It really was a great day. Thanks Brady & Kate for having us!


We also went on a hike in Capital Reef here are a few photos of us that. Isn't it just beautiful? We love to got there. We used to camp there all the time but now that Brady & Kate have a house there we get to sleep in a bed and take a shower!

We had such a good time hanging out as a family and enjoying beautiful Utah!

No comments: